Current research and program development projects (as of November 2017)
- Knowledge, Perceived Stigma and Experiences of Doctors and Nurses Regarding Tuberculosis and Contact Investigation. Journal of Health Systems Research 2017; 11(4):516-528. (Thai with English tables) read abstract click here. For full paper!!
- Retrospective-prospective study on host pathogen interaction in development and treatment response in tuberculosis in Chiang Rai (Sep.2017- Mar.2019)
- Development of an operations manual and tools for enhancing the coverage of tuberculosis contact investigations and reducing their social burden and stigma. (Jan.2017-June 2018)
- Analysis of Adherence and Treatment Outcomes of CARE call and DOTS system implementation in TB patients. (Sept.2016-Feb.2018)
- Retrospective study of risk factor for tuberculosis incidence and mortality in people living with HIV, Chiang Rai, Thailand. (Dec.2016-Mar.2017)
- Evaluation of Rapid Tuberculosis Culture and Drug Susceptibility Test through AutoMODS (Automated Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility) (Sept.2016- Nov.2017)
- Pharmacogenomic study of anti-tuberculosis side effects.
- Engaging women organizations in supporting TB and TB/HIV patients with socio-economic disadvantage Click!!
Past projects (as of November 2017)
- Identification of blood transcriptional signature of active tuberculosis in Thai population
- Improvement of diagnosis using urine test of detecting DNA fragment of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- HIV cohort study and access to HIV and TB care Click!!
An operational research to explore interventions for reducing sodium intake among patients with diabetes mellitus and hypertension in Muang District, Chiang Rai Province.
There are 3 abstracts.
- Motivation and actions for successful salt reduction in patients with high risk of cardiovascular diseases. Click!!
- Reasons of success and failure in salt reduction among patients with hypertension who received information about their level of urine sodium. Click!!
- The role of video in salt reduction among patients with hypertension in Muang District, Chiang Rai. Click!!
- There are 3 abstracts.
- Ensuring treatment adherence through "CARE (Connection, Affordable, Reminder, and Enabling) Box” Click!!
- Operational research on development of Automated Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility for TB (AutoMODS) Click!!
- Validation of Geno-Scholar tests for rapid identification an drug susceptibility of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis using cultures isolates and sputum of TB patients in Thailand
- Intervention Trial on Prevention of Lifestyle Related Diseases in Muang District, Chiang Rai Thailand Abstract
- Tuberculosis Detection by a Novel Low-cost System with Image Analysis usder Resource-limited Settings between 2011-2012
- Gene-gene Interaction Analysis: Exploration for the Host-pathogen Interaction between Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Homo sapiens
- Functional Study of the TB-associated Genes in Thai Population
- Introduction of Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility Assay to Chiang Rai, highly TB/HIV Prevalence Area of Thailand Click!!
- Identification of Tuberculosis susceptibility genes, immunology and environmental risks associated with tuberculosis recurrence and failure of tuberculosis treatment after standard short course chemotherapy Click!!
- Provincial TB –DST and TB/HIV surveillance Click!!