Current research and program development projects (as of January 2017)
- Development of an operations manual and tools for enhancing the coverage of tuberculosis contact investigations and reducing their social burden and stigma. (Jan.2017-June 2018)
- Analysis of Adherence and Treatment Outcomes of CARE call and DOTS system implementation in TB patients. (Sept.2016-Feb.2018)
- Retrospective study of risk factor for tuberculosis incidence and mortality in people living with HIV, Chiang Rai, Thailand. (Dec.2016-Mar.2017)
- Evaluation of Rapid Tuberculosis Culture and Drug Susceptibility Test through AutoMODS (Automated Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility) (Sept.2016- Nov.2017)
- Pharmacogenomic study of anti-tuberculosis side effects.
- Engaging women organizations in supporting TB and TB/HIV patients with socio-economic disadvantage Click!!
Past projects (as of January, 2017)
- Identification of blood transcriptional signature of active tuberculosis in Thai population
- Improvement of diagnosis using urine test of detecting DNA fragment of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- HIV cohort study and access to HIV and TB care Click!!
An operational research to explore interventions for reducing sodium intake among patients with diabetes mellitus and hypertension in Muang District, Chiang Rai Province.
There are 3 abstracts.
- Motivation and actions for successful salt reduction in patients with high risk of cardiovascular diseases. Click!!
- Reasons of success and failure in salt reduction among patients with hypertension who received information about their level of urine sodium. Click!!
- The role of video in salt reduction among patients with hypertension in Muang District, Chiang Rai. Click!!
- There are 3 abstracts.
- Ensuring treatment adherence through "CARE (Connection, Affordable, Reminder, and Enabling) Box” Click!!
- Operational research on development of Automated Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility for TB (AutoMODS) Click!!
- TB Host Pathogen Study
- Validation of Geno-Scholar tests for rapid identification an drug susceptibility of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis using cultures isolates and sputum of TB patients in Thailand
- Intervention Trial on Prevention of Lifestyle Related Diseases in Muang District, Chiang Rai Thailand Abstract
- Impact of Weight change in HIV positive and HIV negative TB patients, Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Development and validation of MODS image-analytical automated system for TB diagnosis via sputum culture
- Functional Study of the TB-associated Genes in Thai Population
- Introduction of Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility Assay to Chiang Rai, highly TB/HIV Prevalence Area of Thailand Click!!
- Identification of Tuberculosis susceptibility genes, immunology and environmental risks associated with tuberculosis recurrence and failure of tuberculosis treatment after standard short course chemotherapy Click!!
- Provincial TB –DST and TB/HIV surveillance Click!!